Makers Cornwall Christmas Fair
Makers Cornwall Christmas Fair – 13th to 15th Nov 2020
Cornish Christmas Gifts made by local makers in Cornwall
Welcome to our lovely new Makers Cornwall site! This year we’ve moved our famous Christmas fair online with:
- this brand new, posh website
- 50 makers going live on Facebook
- as well as live cocktail chats on instagram
- and special offers all weekend
We wanted Christmas to still be on and ethical and interactive so we’re just hosting our fair online this year. If you haven’t been before, we’re a group of contemporary designers and makers based in Cornwall: we normally put on a brilliantly sparkly, modern Christmas fair full of cool handmade gifts in November; this year we’ve had to re-think it a bit.
The first three Etsy Made Local Cornwall Christmas events were held in St Ives with 40 stallholders; then as they were so popular, in 2019 we moved to Penryn Campus where we hosted 70 stallholders and over 5,000 visitors during the weekend: everyone who came loved the fantastic buzzy atmosphere and fresh, modern gifts and treats they could find there.
This year, we made the decision to keep everyone safe and unstressed so we’re offering the same cool makers to buy from online.
- We’re having instagram cocktail chats on Friday 13th November@etsymakerscornwall Instagram account which will be chilled and interactive.
- Then all our 50 talented local makers will be hosting Facebook Live Shopping experiences on their own Facebook pages on Saturday 14th November morning from 11am to 1pm. You can watch them live, ask questions, ask to see things close up, check sizes, have a chat! Then if you’d like to buy anything you can just sort it out with each maker via their website, Etsy shop or bacs/paypal: it’s pretty straight-forward and relaxed and fun
As usual, we wanted our event to give back to the community, so this year each maker has donated 25% of their ‘stall’ fee to help homeless and vulnerable people in Cornwall via Daisy Duke’s CIC in St Austell.